Dr. W. G. McDade, a successful physician and surgeon of East Liverpool, was born at Biackhawk, Beaver County,
Pa., Oct. 2, 1872, and is a son of John and Isabel (Beatty) McDade.
John McDade, deceased, was born in County Down, Ireland, in 1826, and came to this country when four years old
with his parents and settled in Pittsburgh. When a young man he removed to Beaver County and purchased 180 acres
of land which he improved. He became a prosperous farmer and died about 1900 His wife died in 1917 at the age of
87 years, and with her husband is buried at New Salem Church, Pa. W. G., the subject of this sketch is their only
Dr. W. G. McDade received his early education in the public and high schools of East Liverpool, attended Wooster
University, and in 1906 was graduated from Ohio State University with the degree of Doctor of Medicine. After completing
his interne work at the Protestant Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, Dr. McDade came to East Liverpool, where he has offices
in the Hill Building.
Dr. McDade was married to Mary Huston Davis of Calcutta, Columbiana County, and the daughter of Homer Huston. Mrs.
McDade's parents are deceased.
Dr. McDade has passed the State examinations in Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio. He is a member of the Columbiana
County Medical Society, the Ohio State Medical Association and the American Medical Association. He belongs to
the Masonic Lodge and the East Liverpool Country Club. Dr. McDade is a capable, energetic and public spirited man,
one whose life means much to his community.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium