Walter E. Lewis is a successful young business man of East Liverpool. He was born in Madison Township, Columbiana
County, April 18, 1891, and is the son of George W. and Martha (Williams) Lewis.
The Lewis homestead in Madison Township is among the oldest landmarks of the county and has been owned by this
family for more than a century. George W. Lewis was the son of William Lewis. He engaged in farming throughout
his life and died July 3, 1923. His wife, who was born in Elk Run Township, Columbiana County, resides in Madison
Township. Mr. Lewis was a Democrat and an active member of the Presbyterian Church. To Mr. and Mrs. Lewis were
born six children: Bertie, deceased; Walter E., the subject of this sketch; Dora, deceased, married J. A. Crawford,
a farmer, lives in Madison Township; Mary, married H. C. Walter, lives in East Liverpool, Ada, lives at home; and
Walter E. Lewis attended the public schools of Madison Township, Canfield (Ohio) Normal School, and Canton Business
College. He then entered the employ of the Diebold Safe & Lock Company of Canton as a cost accountant clerk.
Three years later he returned to his father's farm, where he remained until October, 1924, when he became a member
of the firm of Stype & Lewis, dealers in tires and automobile accessories. They have the agency in East Liverpool
for the Goodyear and Unites States tires. They also handle radios.
Mr. Lewis is a member of the Presbyterian Church and the Masonic Lodge. He has a wide acquaintance in Columbiana
County and is favorably known.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium