F. E. Lamping, a prominent merchant of East Liverpool and a well known and substantial citizen of Columbiana
County, is a native of Ohio. He was born in Washington County, Ohio, April 2, 1877, and is the son of O. F. and
Sophia (Andreae) Lamping.
O. F. Lamping, deceased, was a native of Monroe County, Ohio. He engaged in farming and in 1905 settled at Calcutta,
in Columbiana County, where he engaged in truck gardening. He died in 1923. Mr. Lamping was a Democrat and a member
of the Presbyterian Church. His wife lives in Washington County. To Mr. and Mrs. Lamping six children were born,
as follows: Louise, married C. A. Amos; F. E., the subject of this sketch; Frank, superintendent of schools, Clarksburg,
W. Va.; William, lives in Washington County, Ohio; Emma, wife of Carl Fisher, deceased; and O. F., lives at Calcutta,
F. E. Camping spent his boyhood on his father's farm and received his education in the public schools. In 1898
he purchased a large dairy farm of 160 acres near Calcutta, which he operated for 13 years. He was a dealer in
dairy products until 1920, at which time he disposed of his business to William Schukirt. In 1924 Mr. Lamping came
to East Liverpool and engaged in the general hardware business, in which he has been successful. It was formerly
owned by the Watson Company.
In 1905 Mr. Lamping was united in marriage with Miss Amanda Thompson, of East Liverpool, and the daughter of J.
P. and Anna M. Thompson.
Mr. and Mrs. Lamping have four children: F. E. Jr., was graduated from East Liverpool High School in 1925, now
associated in business with his father; Doris, Howard, and Carl, at home.
Mr. Lamping is a Democrat and a member of the Presbyterian Church. The Lamping family is highly esteemed in the
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium