Henry F. Kunkel is an enterprising and progressive business man of Leetonia, where he is owner and manager of
Kunkel's Bakery. He was born at Wheeling, W. Va., March 13, 1858, and is a son of Charles and Georgiana (Hoffelder)
Kunkel, natives of Wheeling, and now deceased.
Mr. Kunkel started to work in a bakery when a boy. Later he spent seven years in the employ Of the Wheeling Rolling
Mills. He again became connected with the bakery business in Wheeling and then spent ten years as proprietor of
a Uhrichville (Ohio) bakery. In 1897 he came to Leetonia, where he established his present business. Mr. Kunkel
is the owner of the building at 280 Main Street in which the bakery is located. The confectionery and retail store
is located at 268 Main Street in the Kunkel Block. Mr. Kunkel employs three people and has an excellent trade.
Mr. Kunkel was married in August, 1881, to Miss Margaret Jones, and to this union six children were born, all of
whom are deceased except Anna, the wife of Henry Cereda, a fruit farmer, and they live near Napa, Calif. Mrs. Kunkel
died in 1893, and two years later he was married to Miss Margaret Worstell. To them were born five children: Edward
J., associated with his father in business; Henry W., lives at home and is employed at East Palestine; Robert S.,
a student at Penn Medical School, Pittsvurgh, Pa.; James L., and Margaret E., both at home.
Mr. Kunkel is a Republican and a member of the Presbyterian church. For several years he was superintendent of
the Sunday school of the Third Presbyterian Church at Wheeling, W. Va., and also organized the Presbyterian Mission
Sunday School at Boggs Run, Ben Wood. From 1909 until 1912 he was superintendent of the Leetonia Presbyterian Church
Sunday School. Mr. Kunkel has an extensive acquaintance in Leetonia and is favorably known.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium