Frank H. Hoover, of East Liverpool, is a veteran of the World War and one of the prominent young attorneys of
Columbiana County. He was born at Elwood City, Pa., Aug. 31, 1895.
Mr. Hoover attended the public schools of East Liverpool and in 1913 was employed in the local potteries, where
he remained until the outbreak of the World War. He enlisted in Company E, 10th Ohio Infantry, which company was
later inducted into Federal service as Company G, 135th Machine Gun Batallion. He was in action over seas for over
six months and was severely wounded Oct. 31, 1918, near Thielt, Belgium, during the Lys offensive. He was discharged
from the army June 30, 1921, and dismissed from the hospital Nov. 5, 1921. While confined in the following hospitals,
Mr. Hoover made up three years of high school work in 30 months: In the Army Vocational School, Camp Sherman, Fort
Sheridan, and Walter Reed Hospital, Washington, D. C. On Nov. 10, 1921, he entered National University Law School,
Washington, D. C., from which he received an L. L. M. degree in June, 1924. He attended George Washington University,
during last two years was a law student at National University, one semester at Emerson Institute, and in 1924
was graduated from the Washington School of Accountancy. On June 25, 1924, he was admitted to practice law in Ohio,
and elected city solicitor of East Liverpool in 1925.
Mr. Hoover is a member of Masonic Lodge, Pentalpha Lodge No. 23 Washington, D. C., Senior Vice Commander Veterans
of Foreign Wars, Private Eddy Post, East Liverpool, and a member of the American Legion. He is a progressive citizen
with high standards of civic pride.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium