H. E. Gleckler, the well known justice of the peace of Salem, is among Columbiana County's well known young
business men. He was born Jan. 20, 1887, and is a son of Ephriam and Anna (Snyder) Gleckler.
Ephriam Gleckler was born in Beaver Township, Mahoning County, Ohio, March 9, 1847. During his active career he
followed general farming. He retired from business in 1921 and moved to Salem where he now resides. He is a member
of the Lutheran Church. Mrs. Gleckler was born July 6, 1850, in East Lewistown, Ohio. She died July 13, 1922, and
is buried in Columbiana cemetery. Mr. and Mrs. Gleckler had three children: Alice, married David Whitcomb, resides
at North Georgetown, Ohio; Lambert L., a farmer, lives in Beaver Township; and H. E., the subject of this sketch.
H. E. Gleckler was educated in the district schools of Beaver Township, Columbiana High School, after which he
took a business course at Hall's Business College, Youngstown, Ohio. He then entered the employ of the Baltimore
& Ohio Railroad offices, and later served six years in the offices of the Carnegie Steel Company. For three
years he was teller with the City Trust & Savings Bank of Youngstown. He returned to Salem and was associated
in business with L. R. Wilson in the furniture business until 1917. In October, 1917, Mr. Gleckler enlisted for
a service in the World War and was sent to Camp Sherman, from which place he sailed for France with the War Risk
Bureau. He served overseas eight months, being discharged in 1919. Following the close of the war Mr. Gleckler
located at Salem embarking in the real estate business. On Jan. 1, 1922, he was elected justice of the peace, which
office he has since held.
Mr. Gleckler is a Democrat and a member of the Lutheran Church. He belongs to the American Legion of which he has
been treasurer for three years past.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium