W. L. Fults, one of Salem's enterprising and progressive merchants, was born at Brownsville, Monroe County,
Ohio, Nov. 19, 1874, and is the son of William Henry and Lydia Jane (Fawcett) Fults.
William Henry Fults, deceased, was a veteran of the Civil War. In early life he engaged in general farming and
later conducted a meat business at Salem. He is deceased and his wife resides in Salem.
W. L. Fults was reared and educated in Ohio and for a number of years engaged in farming with his father. He later
located in Salem and was employed by John Bowers for several years, but returned to farming for a short time later.
He entered the employ of Trotter & Wilson in Salem and in 1902 purchased a half interest in the business with
W. A. Tetlow. Since April, 1917, Mr. Fults has been sole owner. He conducts one of the finest meat markets of the
city and employs three men. The business is located at 42 Broadway.
On April 19, 1898, Mr. Fults was united in marriage with Miss Nancy Ellen West, of Salem, the daughter of Samuel
and Mary C. (Leach) West, both deceased. Mr. West died April 19, 1924, and his wife died Jan. 12, 1925. To Mr.
and Mrs. Fults a daughter was born, Esther Lillian, the wife of L. D. Beardmore, advertising manager for the Salem
Publishing Company. They have a daughter, Nanna Bell, and one son, Ralph West, who died during the typhoid fever
epidemic in 1920.
Politically, Mr. Fults is a Republican. He holds membership in the Methodist Episcopal Church, the Masonic Lodge,
Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Kiwanis Club and Salem Country Club. He is a reliable man who has made a success
of his business.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium