Albert E. Fresco, one of East Liverpool's representative and successful young business men, was born in Pittsburgh,
Dec. 2, 1887, and is the son of Paul E. and Mary (Vogel) Frosch.
Paul E. Frosch was born in Germany and when 15 years of age came to this country with his parents and settled in
Pittsburgh. He was a butcher and finally established a wholesale and retail meat packing establishment in Pittsburgh,
where he spent the remainder of his life. He died in 1905 and is buried in Pittsburgh, Pa., where his wife also
lived until her death Dec. 11, 1925. She was the daughter of Frederick Vogel, who was successfully engaged in the
dairy business in Pittsburgh and later engaged in the real estate business. To Mr. and Mrs. Frosch two children
were born: Betty, a graduate of California State Normal School, lives in Pittsburgh; and Albert E., the subject
of this sketch, resides in East Liverpool.
Albert E. Frosch attended the public and high schools of Pittsburgh, was graduated from Pittsburgh Academy in 1903
and from Cornell University in 1909, receiving a degree as Civil Engineer. After graduation until 1916 he was employed
by the United States government as a junior engineer in the design and building of locks and dams on the Ohio River.
Later he was field engineer for the Koppers Company of Pittsburgh, engaged in the building of the Clairton Bi-Products
Coke Plant for the Carnegie Steel Company at Clairton, Pa. This is the largest coke plant in the world. In 1917
Mr. Frosch went to Morgan, N. J., as assistant chief engineer and later chief engineer for the T. A. Gillespie
Loading Company, again working for the ordnance department of the United States government, engaged in the design,
construction and operation at Morgan, N. J., of the largest shell loading plant in the world. His next business
connection was as chief engineer with the General Contracting Corporation of Pittsburgh, with whom he remained
until 1921. He was then identified with the sand and gravel business in Wheeling, W. Va., later served as chief
engineer in charge of the building of the Powhatan Mine of the Cleveland & Western Coal Company, at Powhatan,
Ohio. Ink January, 1924, Mr. Frosch and associates took over the East Liverpool Sand Company, which was organized
in 1917. The officers are: George C. Ross, Parkersburg, W. Va., president; Albert E. Frosch, vice president and
general manager; and H. D. Hoffman, East Liverpool, secretary and treasurer. The East Liverpool Sand Company, dealers
in sand, gravel and cement, has become one of the leading industrial enterprises of Ohio, with plants at East Liverpool,
Ohio, and Leetonia, Ohio. Fifty men are employed, and the equipment of the company is complete and up to date.
The plant at East Liverpool is steam operated, while that at Leetonia is electrically operated. The daily capacity
of the two plants is 7,000 tons of screened and washed material and shipments are made by rail, river, or truck.
On Nov. 1, 1924, Mr. Frosch was united in marriage with Miss Emma Elizabeth Kendrick, of Pittsburgh, and the daughter
of John and Mary (McGillick) Kendrick, both deceased.
Mr. Frosch is a member of the Knoxville Presbyterian Church, Pittsburgh, is affiliated with Dallas Lodge No. 508,
F. & A. M., Pennsylvania Consistory, 32nd degree, a member of the Syria Temple Ancient Arabic Order Nobles
of the Mystic Shrine, and belongs to the Rotary Club, East Liverpool Country Club, and the Chamber of Commerce.
He is a Republican and is prominent in the community in which he lives.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium