The First National Bank of East Palestine, which is one of the leading banking institutions of Columbiana County,
was established in March, 1903, with the following officers: William C. Wallace, president; David
W. McCloskey, cashier. The original board of directors were: William C. Wallace, John Kipp, Edward W. Powers,
Benjamin A. McCloskey, Ulrich Winter, Max W. Beyer, Samuel M. Hoon, William Johnston, Frederick B. Unger, Eli Harman,
Austin Dildine, and William K. Rose.
The present officers are: Charles S. McCloskey, president; Ernest J. Ronal, cashier;
and George Archibald, assistant cashier. The directors are: William M. Koch, Max W. Beyer, Edward W. Powers, K.
E. McCloskey, Charles S. McCloskey, William Johnston, and C. H. Rukenbrod.
The present home of the First National Bank, which is of Greek style of architecture, was erected in 1924 and completed
in 1925. It has a frontage of 33 feet and a depth of 102 feet, being a modern one story bank building with a 22
foot ceiling and mezzanine floor. The decorating scheme of the interior walls and ceiling is of white and light
cream, which blends and harmonizes with the Tavenelle marble and the black walnut finish.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium