L. W. Dreier, a progressive business man of East Liverpool, is one of the well known and substantial citizens
of Columbiana County. He was born in Pittsburgh, May 30, 1883, and is the son of Fred and Mary Dreier.
Fred Dreier was born in Germany in 1850 and when a young man came to this country with his brother, Henry. They
settled in Pittsburgh where he was employed as a carriage body builder. He died in 1899. His wife, a native of
Cincinnati, Ohio, now lives at Bellevue, Pa. Mr. and Mrs. Dreier were the parents of eight children, as follows:
Margaret, married A. Grader, lives at Erie, Pa.; Kate, married Charles Short, lives at Bellevue, Pa.; Louise, lives
in Erie; Clara, lives at Bellevue; Amelia, deceased; L. W., the subject of this sketch; Fred, lives in Pittsburgh;
and Harry, lives with his mother.
L. W. Dreier was reared and educated in Pittsburgh and when a young man learned the auto carriage painting trade.
In 1909 he entered the employ of the Baker Electric Company, Cleveland, but the following year returned to Pittsburgh.
He conducted a painting business at Tarenturn, Pa., for several years, and in 1915 removed to East Liverpool, where
he established his present business. Dreier's Auto Paint Shop is well equipped to do high grade automobile painting
and it is an authorized Dupont Duco refinishing station. Mr. Dreier also has a well established trade in automobile
accessories and is local dealer for the Miller Tires.
In 1906 Mr. Dreier was married to Miss Myrtle Shotts, of Pittsburgh, the daughter of Charles and Elmira V. Shotts,
both deceased. To Mr. and Mrs. Dreier have been born eight children: Elizabeth, Anna, Virginia, Barkley, Helen,
William, James, and Johanna, all at home.
Politically Mr. Dreier is a Republican. He is a member of the Presbyterian Church and belongs to the Masonic and
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium