W. Edwin Davidson is a veteran of the World War and a prominent young man of Columbiana County. He was born
on a farm one mile east of Kensington, Oct. 28, 1895, and is the son of William E. and Sarah (Starkey) Davidson.
William E. Davidson, deceased, was a native of Columbiana County. He was born in Hanover Township, Oct. 27, 1852,
the son of James and Elizabeth (Britton) Davidson, early settlers of Columbiana County. William E. Davidson was
a prosperous farmer and served as postmaster of Kensington for 17 years. He died July 11, 1925. His wife resides
in Kensington. To Mr. and Mrs. Davidson the following children were born: Bessie M., Harry, Hazel, who married
Fred Ash of Chicago, W. Edwin, the subject of this sketch; Bruce, and DeNelda, married Fred Flint, of Minerva.
W. Edwin Davidson received his education in the schools of Kensington, and at an early age entered the employ of
the Pennsylvania Railroad in a clerical position. He was later employed by the American Sheet & Tin Plate Company
at Chester, West Virginia. On May 17, 1917, Mr. Davidson volunteered for service in the World War and served in
France for more than a year. He saw service in the St. Mehiel Drive and the Meuse Argonne. He enlisted as a member
of Troop E, 16th Cavalry, but was transferred to Company B, 5th Ammunition Train, 5th Division. He was discharged
at Camp Sherman, Ohio, July 30, 1919. Since February, 1920, Mr. Davidson has served as postmaster of Kensington.
In politics Mr. Davidson is identified with the Republican party. He is a member of the Christian Church, the Masonic
Lodge, and the Disabled American Veterans Association of the World War.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium