Harry Crubaugh. Numbered among the successful young business men of Lisbon is Harry Crubaugh, proprietor of
the Crubaugh Chevrolet Garage. He was born on a farm in Madison Township, Columbiana County, April 4, 1900, and
is the son of Wesley and Oma (Meridith) Crubaugh.
Wesley Crubaugh, a substantial citizen of Columbiana County, engaged in general farming and stock raising in Madison
Township, is a native of this county. His father settled on the present Crubaugh farm during the early days and
it has since remained in the family. It was the spot in Columbiana County where General Morgan surrendered in July,
Harry Crubaugh was educated in the public schools of Madison Township and was interested in farming on the home
place until 1922, at which time he established the Crubaugh Chevrolet Garage in Lisbon. It was organized as Fife
& Crubaugh, but two years later Mr. Crubaugh became sole owner. He conducts a first class garage and operates
a gasoline filling station in connection. His salesroom is among the attractive automobile showrooms in the county
and he has a well organized business. The building, erected in 1924 at a cost of $18,000, replaced the original
structure, which was destroyed by fire.
On Dec. 24, 1924, Mr. Crubaugh was united in marriage with Miss Sylvia Nettrour, the daughter of Walter S. and
Eva (Aldridge) Nettrour, of Leetonia.
Mr. Crubaugh is an independent voter. He holds membership in the United Presbyterian Church and belongs to the
Grange. Both he and his wife have a wide acquaintance throughout Columbiana County and are well liked.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium