James Cammeron, widely known throughout Columbiana County as a substantial citizen, was born on the farm where
he resides, Sept. 26, 1864, the son of John and Tillie (MeDonald) Cammeron.
John Cammeron was born at Hylandtown, in Columbiana County, and spent his entire life in this section. He removed
to the present Cammeron farm in Madison Township in 1861. Mr. Cammeron was one of the first millers of the county,
having opened his grist mill in 1841. He was also a prosperous farmer and specialized in the breeding of sheep,
having as many as 600 head on his farm at one time. He improved 400 acres of land and also raised grain extensively.
Mr. Cammeron died Aug. 20, 1878, and his wife died March 26, 1915. They were the parents of 11 children, three
of whom are now living: Sadie, married Park Geisse, lives at Akron, Ohio; Nancy, the widow of William Bright, lives
at Wellsville; and James, the subject of this sketch.
James Cammeron was reared on his father's farm, attended the district schools at Witch Hollow in Madison Township,
and during his entire active career was extensively engaged in farming and stock raising. He owns 164 acres of
good farm land and although now practically retired, is interested in truck gardening.
Mr. Cammeron has been a life long Republican and holds membership in the Yellow Creek Presbyterian Church. He is
an excellent citizen and the Cammeron family has always stood high in Columbiana County.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium