The Beers-Hanks Motor Company. Ranking among the leading and well known automobile agencies of Columbiana County
is the Beers-Hanks Motor Company of East Liverpool. The business was incorporated in 1918 as the Liverpool Motor
Car Company with A. G. Ellis as president. Prior to this time this Ford agency was under the direct supervision
of the Pittsburgh branch of the Ford Motor Company, but since that time it has been identified with the Cleveland
branch of the Ford Company. In May, 1925, the business was purchased from Mr. Ellis by Messrs. Beers and Hanks,
both popular young automobile men of this section. It is incorporated under the laws of the State of Ohio with
the following officers: J. M. Beers, president; and R. T. Hanks, secretary and treasurer.
Mr. Beers has been identified with the Ford Motor Car Company for nine years and has been actively connected with
the sales and service departments. Mr. Hanks has been associated with the advertising and selling field during
his business career.
There are no salesrooms in the county that are more attractive than owned by this company and they are local agents
for the Lincoln, Ford, and Fordson tractor. A complete repair shop is also maintained in connection and there is
storage space available for 150 cars.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium