Dr. D. H. Beaumont, of Wellsville, is among the prominent young physicians and surgeons of Columbiana County,
and a member of a family that for four generations has been widely known in the medical profession. He was born
at New Cumberland, W. Va., Aug. 2, 1895, and is the son of Dr. Frank P. and Margaret (Joseph) Beaumont.
Dr. Frank P. Beaumont is a leading physician of New Cumberland, W. Va., where he has engaged in practice for many
years. He is the son of Dr. Godfrey Beaumont, and the grandson of Dr. William Beaumont. To Dr. and Mrs. Frank P.
Beaumont were born five children, as follows: Helen, a teacher, lives at home; D. H., the subject of this sketch;
Dr. Frank, a dentist at Cambridge, Ohio; Godfrey, was graduated from high school in 1925; and Dana, died in infancy.
Dr. D. H. Beaumont attended the public schools of Lexington, Va., Washington-Lee College, and Jefferson Medical
College, Philadelphia, from which he received his degree of Doctor of Medicine in 1920. For a short time he engaged
in practice with his father, then spent some time in Michigan, and in December, 1923, established his practice
at Wellsville, with offices in the Liberty Theatre Building.
In October, 1923, Dr. Beaumont was married to Miss Esther Furrer, who was born at East Liverpool, Sept. 13, 1901,
the daughter of Fred and Minnie (Brown) Furrer, residents of East Liverpool, and the parents of three children:
Mrs. Beaumont; Freda, a teacher, lives at East Liverpool; and Wayne, who was graduated from high school in 1925.
Dr. Beaumont is a Republican, a member of the Presbyterian Church and belongs to the Masonic Lodge, The American
Medical Association, The Ohio State Medical Association and the Columbiana County Medical Society.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium