C. F. Adamson doing business as Adamson Manufacturing Company, came to East Palestine in 1908 as architect in
the construction of The McGraw Tire & Rubber Company plant. Upon its completion he acted as superintendent
for a number of years. During this time he developed what is commonly known as the Adamson vulcanizer and later
established a plant on Clark Street this city for the manufacture of this device and general foundry work and equipment,
since which time he has added the manufacture of steel storage tanks and has become the recognized leader in the
manufacture of the latter line.
Mr. Adamson was educated as an engineer which largely accounts for his being recognized as one of the most efficient
industrial operators in eastern Ohio. Mr. Adamson has the most beautiful country residence in Columbiana County
and one of the finest industrial buildings in eastern Ohio and believes that a great essential to industrial success
is high class, modern, efficient equipment. His plant employs approximately one hundred men and has become the
largest railroad shipper in East Palestine. He plans to double the capacity of this plant within the next ninety
Mr. Adamson's efflciency as a manufacturer has enabled him to continue his manufacturing operations successfully
regardless of competition; his plant never having had a shutdown from its original beginning of operations.
Mr. Adamson takes an active interest in civic affairs and all matters pertaining to development of East Palestine
and is very public spirited.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium