Dr. C. F. Adam, of East Liverpool, is a successful and widely known dentist of Columbiana County. He was born
in this city, July 13, 1890, and is the son of George M. and Hattie (Pettit) Adam.
George M. Adam, deceased, was a veteran of the Civil War. He was a carriage and harness maker by trade and with
his brother, M. B. Adam, engaged in business at Lisbon, Ohio. He was retired from business at the time of his death
in October, 1916. Mr. Adam served throughout the Civil War with the 84th Ohio Volunteer Infantry and was taken
prisoner at Harpers Ferry. He was a lieutenant at the time of his discharge and was one of the organizers of the
General Lyon Post, Grand Army of the Republic, East Liverpool. Hattie (Pettit) Adam was the daughter of Austin
J. and Martha Pettit. He was justice of the peace at Smiths Ferry, Pa., for many years and a prominent Mason of
that section, having held the 32nd degree. He was the first worshipful master of his lodge. Mrs. Adam resides in
East Liverpool. Two sons were born to Mr. and Mrs. George M. Adam: Ray T., mention of whom is made below; and C.
F., the subject of this sketch.
Ray T. Adam was born at Smiths Ferry, Pa., March 25, 1888. He was reared and educated in East Liverpool and was
connected with the R. W. Bell Company as their Cleveland representative. He later was identified with the American
Sheet and Tin Plate Company at Chester, W. Va,. until 1917, at which time he volunteered for service in the World
War. He was sent to Camp Lee, Virginia, and later to Camp Meggs, where he was attached to the quartermaster's corps.
He was then attached to the Motor Transport Corps, 302 Unit, and sent to England, and later to France. He was discharged
at Camp Meade, Md., June 20, 1919, as a sergeant senior grade, this being the highest non-commissioned officer's
rank. Mr. Adam is now successfully engaged in the real estate and insurance business in East Liverpool. He is a
Republican, a member of the First Methodist Church, the American Legion, La Societe des 40 Hommes et 8 Chevaux,
and the Elks Lodge.
Dr. C. F. Adam was educated in the public and high schools of East Liverpool and in 1919 received his degree as
Doctor of Dentistry from the University of Michigan. He spent the following year as an instructor in the university
and in 1920 and 1921 was engaged in the practice of his profession at Monroe, Mich. He has been located in East
Liverpool since 1922 with offices in the Little Building.
On Aug. 27, 1923, Doctor Adam was united in marriage with Miss Sarah Weaver, of East Liverpool, and the daughter
of Charles 0. and Nellie (Allison) Weaver, who live retired in East Liverpool.
In politics Doctor Adam is a Republican. He holds membership in the Methodist Episcopal Church, the Masonic Lodge,
Delta Sigma Delta fraternity, Corydon Palmer Dental Society, Ohio State Dental Association, and the National Dental
Association. He is a progressive citizen.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium