JOHN A. BLOUNT, manufacturer, Springfield; is a native of Clark County. Dr. Blount, who was an early resident,
and for many years a prominent practicing physician, of Springfield, was his grandfather, and the first of the
family to settle in Clark County. John R. Blount, deceased, formerly a dry goods merchant of Springfield, was his
father; he was also a native of this county. The subject of this sketch was born in Springfield in 1849; he became
connected with the firm of Babbitt, Steel & Co., woolen manufacturers, in 1871; in 1874, they sold the machinery,
etc., connected with the manufacture of woolens, and the firm dissolved partnership. In the fall of the same year,
Mr. Blount formed a partnership with Kissell & Co., manufacturers of agricultural implements, who had been
located on West Main street, and the new firm, Bissell, Blount & Co., removed into what had been the woolen
mill. In 1877, Mr. Alexander McWilson became a member of the firm, and in 1878 the firm became Blount & McWilson.
They manufacture a line of agricultural implements, Excelsior cultivator, horse hay rake and shovel plows being
the principal ones; they also manufacture a line of hardware specialties. Messrs. Blount and McWilson are young
men, and comparatively a new firm, but the success thus far attained proves the ability of the management, and
assures their greater success as the facilities and capital of their firm shall become augmented by the inceasing
trade. Mr. Blount married, in 1873, Miss Sarah L., second daughter of John W. Baldwin; they have two sons.
History of Clark County, Ohio
W. H. Beers & Co.
Clark County, Ohio
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium