NAHAM H. ANDREWS, merchant, of the firm of Andrews, Wise & Putnam. This establishment dates back to about
1850, with W. S. Field and Nathaniel Stone as proprietors; they were succeeded by Rice & Co. in 1865, and they
by Wilson, Wise & Putnam, they by Wise & Putnam, and they by the present firm; the character of the stock
was at first seeds and iron, afterward agricultural implements was added; seeds dropped, and a line of hardware
and stoves were kept; recently, the present firm have added furniture, making it a stove and house furnishing establishment;
since removing to their present quarters, Nos. 34 and 36 South Limestone street, they occupy two rooms, one of
which is devoted to furniture, of which they make a large display; in the other is found a great variety of heating
and cook stoves, ranges, queensware, and all necessary culinary utensils, together with a line of shelf hardware.
Mr. Naham H. Andrews, the senior member of this firm, is an experienced merchant; he is a native of Massachusetts,
born in 1830; early in life he began a business career as clerk in Boston, and remembers when he received $4 per
week, boarding himself this, too, after he had become of age; but, by perseverance and fortune's favor, gradually
rose in the financial scale until he became a proprietor. He came to Springfield in 1865, and has since been identified
with the business of Springfield, except about four years, when he was absent doing business in Galion. He married,
in 1853, Miss Lavina S. Maynard. also a native of Massachusetts.
History of Clark County, Ohio
W. H. Beers & Co.
Clark County, Ohio
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium