ROBERT C. FULTON was born in Loudon county, Virginia, in 1824, came to Ohio in 1842, and located in Champaign
county, where he has since resided, with the exception of five years spent in Madison county. He attended school
at Ohio Wesleyan University, and graduated in 1850; was admitted into the Cincinnati Conference Methodist Episcopal
Church in 1851, and sent to West Jefferson Circuit, remained one year and then sent to London, where he spent one
year. In 1856 he returned to Urbana, and commenced reading law with Ichabod Corwin, now a Common Pleas Judge, and
in 1858 he was admitted to practice law. He has since then built a remunerative practice, the firm now being Fulton
In 1852 he was united in marriage to Mary A. McDonald, of Madison county.
Politically he is a Republican. Mr. Fulton is a man of sound judgment, seldom addressing the House, and then to
the point. His sentences are terse and epigramic. He never falters for a phrase; the words flow easily and smoothly
from his lips; his gestures are appropriate and graceful, and we consider him one of the most perfect orators in
the House. His speeches in favor of the Fifteenth Amendment and the bill authorizing the State Board of Equalization
to reduce the valuation of lands in Ohio, were the best delivered during the two sessions.
This is his second term in the House.
Biographical Sketches of the
State Officers and of the members
of the Sixtieth General Assembly
of the State of Ohio.
By: W. Sarwin Crabb.
Ohio State Journal Book and Job Rooms.
Columbus, Ohio 1872
Ohio State Officials and the 60th General Assembly
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium