Wilcox, Charles Henry, was born in Lansing, on the farm he now owns, February 4, 1837, a son of Willard, a native
of New Bedford, Mass, who came to Genoa when a young man, and made his home with his uncle, Jeremiah Wilcox, until
his marriage, when he lived on a portion of his uncle's farm, by himself, and at the death of his uncle he inherited
the homestead. He married Ann Brown, of Venice, by whom he had five children, two of whom reached maturity: C.
H. and William. He died in 1870, and his wife in 1889. Benjamin Wilcox, grandfather of Charles, was a native of
New Bedford, Mass., where he lived and died. Charles H. was educated in the common schools and the Genoa and Groton
Academies. At the age of twenty one he started farming for himself on a portion of his father's farm. In 1890 he
bought, with Charles A. Bush, the Clinton House in Ithaca, which they conducted four years, then Mr. Wilcox sold
his interest, and in 1886 he and his brother interested themselves in the breeding of trotting horses. Their first
horses they brought from Kentucky, among them being the stallion Scott, which they had the misfortune to lose in
1893, their stud being headed by Onward Chief. They own about sixty head of Hambletonian colts and horses, their
farms being known as the Wilcox Brothers' Stock Farms. They are already well known as producers of fast horses,
many of their horses having been winners. Mr. Wilcox married in 1857 Dorothy, daughter of Ezekiel and Catharine
Ozmuu, of Lansing, and they have had three children, who died in infancy, and one son, Fred, born March 1, 1882.
Mr. Wilcox is a Free Mason, and a Republican in politics.
Landmarks of Tompkins County, New York
Including a History of Cornell University
Edited by: John H. Selkreg
D. Mason & Co., Publishers
Syracuse, N. Y. 1894
Tompkins County, NY
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium