Robinson, H. H., was born in Caroline, May 29, 1841, a son of Solomon, a native of Ulster county, who came to
this county when eight years old with his parents, settling in Slaterville Springs, where his father kept a hotel.
At the age of eighteen Solomon started out for himself, following various occupations, and built a grist mill in
1836 at Slaterville Springs. In connection with this work he conducted a large farm of 309 acres, employing many
hands. In 1857 he sold his mill, and in 1859 sold half of his farm, after which his son H. H. took charge of the
remaining part, a large farm in itself, in 1877 commencing a dairy with seven head of cattle, which he has increased
to twenty five head. He has three horses, and does a large trade in butter and milk, being unable sometimes to
fill his orders. He married Frances L., daughter of David L. Clark of Richford, Tioga county, in 1860, and they
occupy a pleasant and comfortable home. He is a Granger, and a liberal supporter of the Methodist Episcopal church.
He is also an active worker in the Republican party.
Landmarks of Tompkins County, New York
Including a History of Cornell University
Edited by: John H. Selkreg
D. Mason & Co., Publishers
Syracuse, N. Y. 1894
Tompkins County, NY
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium