Robinson, Charles D., was born September 26, 1859, a son of David, also a native of this town, born in 1826.
The latter married Melvina, daughter of George and Calista Myers, by whom he had these children: Calista now a
widow of the late Ebenezer McArthur; of Dryden; Mary Ann, Henrietta, George H., Arthur J., Charles D., Viola who
died aged seven years, Eva, and Emma. Mr. Robinson now lives in the town of Groton. His wife died January 17, 1894.
His parents were Henry and Polly (Ross) Robinson, Henry Robinson having come to Lansing from Long Island with his
father David, when a child. Charles settled on wild land one and one fourth mile east of North Lansing, now owned
by William Patterson, near the year 1800, which they improved, and on which they erected a large house, which,
by its fine finish, exquisite carvings and size, showed its builders to have been artists in their time. It was
famous in its day and known as the "Bellow House." In later years it was used by many poor families.
Charles D. attended the common schools and worked on different farms until nineteen years of age, when he married,
March 5. 1879, Ida L., daughter of John W. and Elizabeth (Brown) Holden, of Lansing and ennsylvania respectively.
She was born Feburary 4, 1853, in Lansing. Mr. and Mrs. Robinson are members of the North Lansing Grange, and he
is a Republican in politics, and a spiritualist in belief. Their farm consists of sixty two acres, and on this
place Mrs. Robinson was born, her parents having settled here in 1835. At the death of her father, in 1877, she
became possessed of the farm. Her mother died in 1884. Mr. Robinson has been for several years engaged in the bee
business, and has been engaged in the sale of various manufactured articles.
Landmarks of Tompkins County, New York
Including a History of Cornell University
Edited by: John H. Selkreg
D. Mason & Co., Publishers
Syracuse, N. Y. 1894
Tompkins County, NY
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium