Biography of James H. Moss
Tompkins County, NY Biographies





Moss, James H., was born in Sterling, Cayuga county, August 18, 1844. At the age of four years he went with his parents to Chemung county, where he was educated in the common schools and learned the milling business with his father. Thisbe continued till the death of his father in 1881, when his brother, John W., and himself bought the Waterburg mills and engaged in business under the firm name of the Moss Brothers. October 1, 1889, the same was dissolved. September 20, 1888, he married Mrs. Florence A. Parsons, born De Mum; of Ulysses, and they have a daughter, Fannie A. Mrs. Mass had two children by her first marriage: Oscar O. and Aurelia. John, father of James Moss, was born in Braintree, Essex county, Eng., March 16, 1819, and came to this country in 1836, learning milling at Black Rock, near Buffalo. After working in various places he began business on his own account in Sterling, Cayuga county, where be married Emily Ingersoll, by whom he had seven children: John W., James H., Mary, Edward F., Lemon B., Ruth E. and Carrie. He died October 11, 1881, and his wife survives him,

From:
Landmarks of Tompkins County, New York
Including a History of Cornell University
Edited by: John H. Selkreg
D. Mason & Co., Publishers
Syracuse, N. Y. 1894


Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies

NAVIGATION

Tompkins County, NY
Biographies

Online
Biographies

New York
Histories

New York
Biographies

Maine
Histories

Pennsylvania
Histories

Pennsylvania
Biographies

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012