Gillmor, James M., was born in the town of Bath, August 31, 1833, son of William and Eunice (Benedict) Gillnior.
William Gillmor was born at North Hector (now Schuyler county) in 1803; his wife in Lodi, Seneca county, 1804.
William Gilimor came to Bath in 1824, purchased a farm, cleared the land, built a log house, went went back to
Lodi, married and brought his wife to Bath in March, 1825, where they both died. The farm is now owned by his grandson.
Mr. Gillmor was one of the founders of the South Bradford Baptist church and was deacon for many years. James M.
was reared on the old farm and has always been a farmer. He came to Bradford in 1857, and settled on the farm he
now owns of 100 acres. He has all the modern improvements and makes a specialty of raising sheep. January 16, 1856,
he married Maria Ann, daughter of David and Anna Dennis of Bradford. Mr. and Mrs. Gillmor have three children:
Sarah E., wife of D. L. Walling of Bradford; Arthur W., of Bradford; Albert D., of Weston, N. Y., both farmers.
He was supervisor in 1875-76, and has served his town as commissioner of highways, assessor and bond commissioner.
He is a member of the Grange at Savona. He, his wife and daughter are members of the Baptist church at South Bradford.
Landmarks of Steuben County, New York
Edited by: Hon. Harlo Hakes
Assisted by: L. C. Aldrich and others
D. Mason & Co., Publishers
Syracuse, N. Y. 1896
Steuben County, NY
Names A to C
Names D to L
Names M to R
Names S to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium