Biography of D. E. Wing
FROM OUR COUNTY AND ITS PEOPLE
A DESCRIPTIVE AND BIOGRAPHICAL RECORD
OF SARATOGA COUNTY, NEW YORK
PREPARED AND PUBLISHED UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE SARATOGIAN
THE BOSTON HISTORY COMPANY, PUBLISHERS 1899

T-Saratoga Springs, New York Directories, 1888-92

-------------------------------------------



Wing, D. E., proprietor of "The Davardo," Saratoga Springs, is one of the most experienced hotel men in this village of splendid caravansaries. He has been connected with prominent hotels for twenty-one years, such as the Clarendon and Commercial in Saratoga Springs; Hotel Warren at Warrensburg; the Stevens at Burlington, and others. He was associated for several years with the Roselles of the "Arlington" at Fort William Henry. In the spring of 1898 he purchased the "Kenmore" at Saratoga Springs. and conducts it in a manner that places it at once among the best houses of the place, under the name of "The Davardo." "The Davardo" has 150 large rooms, well lighted and ventilated and of perfect sanitary condition. It is convenient to all the leading springs and has a large piazza space. Mr. Wing is a descendant of Abraham Wing, who settled at Glens Falls; it was called Wing's Falls at first, but Abraham Wing, who was a tory, changed the name to Glens Falls to please his friend Colonel Glenn, and history records that the colonel showed his appreciation of this generosity by opening a bottle of wine.


Return to [Saratoga County Bio's ] [ Saratoga County History ] [ Online Biographies ]


.Blind Counter

All pages copyright 2009. All items on this site are copyrighted by their author(s). These pages may be linked to but not used on another web site. Anyone may copy and use the information provided here freely for personal use only. Privacy Policy