Van Wie, Charles H., Rev., was born in the town of Ira, Cayuga county, N. Y. October 22, 1851. He was educated
in the public schools, Monroe Collegiate Institute, Hamilton College, and was graduated from Auburn Theological
Seminary with the degree of B. D. in 1877. Shortly after leaving the Seminary he received a call to Forest church
at Lyons Falls, N. Y., where he was ordained to the Gospel ministry and installed by the Presbytery of Utica. After
three years he resigned this pastorate and accepted a call to the churches at Williamstown and West Camden, N.
Y., where he labored seven years. In December, 1889, he accepted an invitation to supply the Presbyterian church
at Melrose, and was installed as pastor in May, 1890, taking charge also of the Presbyterian church at Tomhamock.
September 21, 1886, he married Fannie E. Becker of Mexico, Oswego county, N. Y. Mr. Van Wife's father, Henry, was
born in the town of Guilderland, Albany county, November 17, 1797. He was well educated, an industrious and successful
farmer. He was twice married, first to Lydia Conger. Seven children were born to them: Rosina E., Blendon M., Isadore,
Mary C., Lionel E., Vrooman W., and Benedict G. Mrs. Van Wie died April 1, 1848. November 21, 1850, he married
Mary a Taylor, of Cato, Cayuga county. They had three children: Charles H., Jessie and Jennie. Henry Van Wie died
April 2, 1876, and his widow, Mary D., October 12, 1895. The ancestry of the family was Dutch, English and Scotch.
Landmarks of Rensselaer County
BY: George Baker Aaderson
Published By: D. Mason & Co. Publishers
Syracuse, NY 1897
Rensselaer County, NY
Names A to F
Names G to P
Names Q to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium