Salisbury, Guy S., was born in Wilson, Niagara county, March 16, 1846, and was the son of Royal and Sally Ann
(Annis) Salisbury. His father was one of seven brothers who settled in Clarendon at an early day, and were among
the pioneers. Royal was originally a carpenter, but after settling in this county he became a farmer. Guy was brought
up on a farm and educated at the academy at Holley. At the age of seventeen he went on the railroad as brakeman,
but after two years was advanced to the position of conductor, holding the latter four years. Leaving the road
he was married to Emma T. Parsons in the year 1869. Mr. Salisbury lived for a short time on the farm of his wife's
father, then went to his mother and cared for her until she died. After that he was in the grocery business for
a time at Fairport, and two years later purchased the general store of W. S. Sheldon at Barre Centre. For five
years Mr. S. carried on the store, then traded it for the stave and heading mill, of which he is still the proprietor.
He is a member of Renovation Lodge, F. & A. M., No. 37, and Orleans Chapter, No. 175, of Albion. Mr. and Mrs.
Salisbury have one child, M. Elva, born June 4, 1874, at Clarendon, Orleans county.
Landmarks of Orleans County, New York
Edited by: Hon. Isaac C. Signor
Assisted by: H. P. Smith and others
D. Mason & Co., Publishers
Syracuse, N. Y. 1894
Orleans County, NY
Names A to B
Names C to F
Names G to H
Names H to M
Names N to R
Names T to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium