Otis Webster Mott, originator and head of The Mott Wheel Works of Utica, was born in this city, August 6, 1871,
and is a son of Edward Earle and Ella Clark (Webster) Mott. On the 1st of July, 1907, he organized The Mott Wheel
Works for the manufacture of automobile rims, axles and wire wheels of every description. The firm bought the plant
and wire wheel business of the Weston Mott Company which moved to Flint, Michigan, and from January 1, 1908, its
business has steadily increased. Recently a part of the plant of the Standard Harrow Company was acquired and plans
are being made to remodel and improve the works on a large scale. The company makes wheels for aeroplanes and jinrikishs
wheels for use in the Orient, in addition to many other styles of wheels demanded on account of modern inventions.
Employment is now given to one hundred and fifty persons, but it is proposed when the improvements are completed
to increase the number of employes to two hundred and fifty. The success of the enterprise is due to progressive
methods and the desire of the management to fully satisfy the demands of patrons by the prompt aelivery of the
very highest grade of products at reasonable prices. Judged by the rapid advance it has made during the last three
years The Mott Wheel Works promises at an early date to become one of t.he largest manufacturing concerns of Utica.
Its officers are: O. W. Mott, president and general manager, Henry B. Williams, vice president, and Clarence B.
Williams, secretary and treasurer.
History of Oneida County, New York
From 1700 to the present time
of some of its prominent men and pioneers.
By: Henry J. Cookinham
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Company
Oneida County, NY
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium