A to E
F to K
L to O
P to R
S to Z
Also see [ Railway Officials in America 1906
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium
Welch, John H., was born at Brockport, N. Y., July 17, 1863, a son of John Welch. He was educated in the public
schools of his native town, the State Normal School and St. Joseph's College at Buffalo, and later took a course
in the Notre Dame (Indiana) University, and was graduated therefrom in 1881. For several years thereafter he was
employed as a clerk in the Chicago office of the Grand Trunk Railroad Company and later removed to Rochester, N.
Y., where he learned the clothing business with M. H. Carroll and in 1887 he returned to his home town and entered
into business with his brother, as the Welch Hat and Clothing Company, carrying on that business successfully until
1892, when he removed to Niagara Falls and established his present business as clothier and tailor. June 12, 1894,
Mr. Welch married Catherine G. Kirby, and they have one child, Albertine L. Mr. Welch is a member of Niagara Council
No. 1,397, Royal Arcanum; of Niagara Chapter No. 346, B. P. O. E., and of Rescue Hook and Ladder Company No. 2.
He is a man of genial manner, of business ability and tact and is highly esteemed by all who know him.
Landmarks of Niagara County, New York
Edited by William Pool
D. Mason & Company, Publishers, 1897