Biography of John E. Noblett
Niagara County, NY Biographies


Niagara County
A to E
F to K
L to O
P to R
S to Z

Online -

New York


Also see [ Railway Officials in America 1906 ] NEW

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012

Noblett, John E., was born in County Carlow, Ireland, February 26, 1847, a son of John B. Noblett, a farmer, who came to America in 1848. settling at Buffalo, and who died in Virginia in 1889. John E. Npblett was educated in the public schools at Buftalo, and at the age of sixteen years entered the ship yards of Mason & Bidwell of Buffalo, where he learned carpentering and joining and remained until 1868, at which time he removed to Attica, N. Y., and engaged in business as acontractor and builder until 1886. In that year hewas appointed deputy collector of customs at Niagara Falls, and filled that office until 1891, when he took the contract for the re building of the Erie Railroad depot and sheds at Suspension Bridge, which were burned in 1890; he has since followed his trade of contractor and builder successfully. Mr. Noblett was the last trustee of the village of Suspension Bridge before its incorporation with Niagara Fails village as a city, and also served as alderman for two years. He is a member of Niagara Frontier Lodge No. 785, F. & A. M., and B. P. O. E., No. 346, of Niagara Falls. December 8, 1869, he married Anna C. Kaiser of Lancaster, N. Y., and they have two children: Engene C. and John A.

Landmarks of Niagara County, New York
Edited by William Pool
D. Mason & Company, Publishers, 1897

Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies