Biography of Lewis Tassey
FROM OUR COUNTY AND ITS PEOPLE
A DESCRIPTIVE WORK ON JEFFERSON COUNTY, NEW YORK
EDITED BY: EDGAR C. EMERSON
THE BOSTON HISTORY COMPANY, PUBLISHERS 1898

--------------------------------------------------------------------


Tassey, Louis, was born in Redwood, July 16, 1848. His father, Peter Tassey, was a native of Three Rivers, Canada, and came to the United States in 1818. He was one of the pioneers of Jefferson county, and was a blacksmith by trade. He married Lucy Sharron and through life was identified with the growth of Redwood. Louis Tassey was educated in Redwood and learned the blacksmith trade of his father. In 1872 he came to Alexandria Bay and added the business of machinist to that of blacksmithing, making a specialty of yacht fitting and steam fitting. He was the first to establish a machine shop at Alexandria Bay. In 1869 he married Frances, daughter of William Senecal, and they have three daughters; Mrs. Mary L. Collins, Adelaide and Evelina. Mr. Tassey is one of the progressive business men of Alexandria Bay, erecting his business block in 1885 and takes an active interest in school and church matters.

 

Return to [Jefferson County Bio's ] [ New York History ] [ History at Rays Place ] [ Rays Place ]

.Blind Counter