Biography of Calvin D. Graham


Jefferson County Biographies

Names A to B
Names C to E
Names F and G
Names H to K
Names L to O
Names P to S
Names T to Z

Online Biographies

Jefferson County History

New York History

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012

Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies

Graham, Calvin D., son of James and Catherine (Damon) Graham, was born in the town of Stillwater, Saratoga county, N. Y., March 1, 1822. His father was born in Ireland, of English parents, and emigrated to this country when he was twenty years of age, settling in Saratoga county. The subject of our sketch is one of five children, three Sons and two daughters. He was left fatherless when quite young, and worked hard to help support the family, remaining at home until he was twenty years of age, when he started out alone, empty handed, to carve out a competency for old age. He was variously employed until January, 1845, when he married Mary Munson, and engaged in farming in the town of Adams, In 1853 he purchased a farm containing one hundred and fifty acres in the town of Lorraine, and began farming on his own account. August 18th of that year his wife died, leaving two children, a son and daughter. January 17, 1855, he married Lucy Pratt, of Stone Mills, and the following year he bought and moved on to the old Pratt farm at Stone Mills, in Jefferson county, where he resided until 1887, when he purchased a lot and built an elegant residence at No. 44 State street, where he has since lived in retirement. December 30, 1890, his wife died, October 1st, of the following year, he married Mrs. Sarah H. White, who died after a two weeks' sickness, of typhoid fever. April 22, 1896, he married Lavina L. Holcomb, of Lewis county, his present wife. Mr. Graham, although past three score years and ten, is yet quite active and in full possession of all his faculties. He is one of Watertown's most honored and respected citizens.

Our County and it's people
a descriptive work on Jefferson County, New York
Edited by: Edgar C. Emerson
The Boston History Co., Publishers, Syracuse, N. Y. 1898