Biography of Charles C. Eddy


Jefferson County Biographies

Names A to B
Names C to E
Names F and G
Names H to K
Names L to O
Names P to S
Names T to Z

Online Biographies

Jefferson County History

New York History

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012

Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies

Eddy, Charles C., was born in Rutland, N. Y., July 9, 1835, a son of Horatio N. and Anna P. (Granger) Eddy. Horatio N. Eddy was born in Rutland, N. Y., a son of Enoch Eddy, a native of Vermont, who came to Rutland about 1800 and moved to Pamelia, where he died. Horatio moved to Leray, where he died September 21, 1891. He was one of the leading farmers of the place and he and his wife had five children. His wife died April 21, 1884. Charles C. Eddy was educated in the common schools and Evans Mills High School. In 1868 he came to Theresa and bought the farm he owns of 144 acres and carries on general farming. In politics he is a Republican, and a member of Theresa Lodge No. 174, F. & A. M. October 20, 1869, he married Sarah E. Evans, daughter of Gilman and Mary A. (Kelsey) Evans, and they had three children: George C., born December 21, 1871, educated at Theresa High School and is a farmer; Ida J., born July 13, 1874, educated at Theresa High School, at home; and Charles A., born in November, 1880, died April 4, 1883. In December, 1863, Mr. Eddy enlisted and was mustered in as second lieutenant in Co. M, 14th N. Y. Heavy Artillery, serving in the following battles: Wilderness, Spotsylvania Court House, Tolopotomoy Creek, Bethesda Chnrch, Cold Harbor, Petersburg, Weldon Railroad, Blick Station, Poplar Grove Church, Pegram Farm, Hawks House, Hatcher's Run, Fort Haskel, and capture of Petersburg. He was promoted to first lieutenant and was wounded at Pegrarn Farm. He is a member of George W. Flowers Post No. 306, G. A. R., Department of New York.

Our County and it's people
a descriptive work on Jefferson County, New York
Edited by: Edgar C. Emerson
The Boston History Co., Publishers, Syracuse, N. Y. 1898