Polakoff, L., & Co., Buffalo, one of the leading wholesale and retail coal and ice firms in Buffalo, was
established in 1889 by Charles Polakoff, who came to America from Russia in December, 1888. In 1891 the firm of
L. Polakoff & Co. was formed, and since May, 1896, the business has been under the management of L. Polakoff.
They are extensive wholesale and retail dealers in coal and ice, having their headquarters at 340 Clinton street
and a branch at 409-411 High street.
Our County and its people
A descriptive work on Erie County, New York
Edited by: Truman C. White
The Boston History Company, Publishes 1898