The Elmira Medical and Surgical Institute
Chemung County, NY Biographies





Elmira Medical and Surgical Institute, The - This is an establishment located at 111 and 113 West Hudson Street, Elmira, which was founded in 1865 by the late T. S. Up de Graft; M. D. Its purpose is to receive persons recommended to it by their home physicians for hygienic, medical, surgical, or lying. in treatment, combined with the best of home comforts. At the death of Dr. Up de Graff the institution passed into the hands of Drs. Baker and Price. In 1887 Drs. C. E. Annabel and O. S. Williamson became the resident physicians and surgeons of the institution and are conducting it with the best of success. After twenty five years of successful existence the institute commends itself to all who are familiar with its history. Special attention is given to diseases of women and diseases of the nose, throat, and surgery. The consulting staff of physicians and surgeons comprises the leading men of the profession in Elmira. From twenty to thirty patients can be accommodated at the institute.

From:
Our County and its people
A History of the Valley and County of Chemung
BY: Ausburn Towner
D. Mason & Co., Publishers
Syracuse, N. Y. 1892


Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies

NAVIGATION
Chemung County, NY
Biographies

Names A to F
Names G to O
Names P to S
Names T to Z

Online
Biographies

New York
Histories

New York
Biographies

Maine
Histories

Pennsylvania
Histories

Pennsylvania
Biographies

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012