LOUIS NEUBURGER - Four years after his arrival in this country from his native country, Russia, as a young man
of twenty four years, Mr. Neuburger established himself, in 1909, in the plumbing, steamfitting and mill supplies
business, at Claremont Parkway and Bathgate Avenue, where he was joined two years later by his younger brother,
Edward Neuburger. In 1912, the business was moved to No. 3882 Third Avenue, and in 1922, to its present location,
Nos. 3878-80 Park Avenue. Since then the brothers have continued this business with ever increasing success under
the name of Neuburger Brothers, a copartnership, and their establishment, employing some twelve men, is rated among
the leaders in its line and in that part of The Bronx. Louis Neuburger was born in Russia, December 14, 1881, a
son of Robert and Edith Neuburger, both his parents being natives of Russia, where his father still resides (1926),
at the age of ninety two years, having retired from active business many years ago. His mother died in 1913.
Louis Neuburger was educated in the public schools of his native country, and after coming to New York City, alone,
in 1905, attended the New York public night schools. At the same time he took up the plumbers' trade, Which be
had learned in Libau, Russia, before coming to the United States, and he made such rapid progress that four years
after his arrival he was able to establish himself in business under his own name. As this business met with marked
success from the very beginning. Mr. Neuburger, in 1911, sent for his younger brother, Edward, and since then the
two brothers have been associated in business. He is a member of the Workingmen's Circle, The Bronx Board of Trade,
and the Building Industry League.
Mr. Neuburger married, in New York City, October 1, 1910, Pauline Michelson, a daughter of Jacob and Rose Michelson,
the former a retired business man. Mrs. Neuburger also has two brothers, Meyer Michelson, a contractor, and Max
Michelson, a bricklayer. Mr. and Mrs. Neuburger are the parents of two daughters: 1. Edith, born July 10, 1914.
2. Charlotte, born September 21, 1917. The family home is located at No. 641 East One Hundred and Seventy fifth
Street, The Bronx.
The Bronx and its people
A History 1609-1927
Board of Editors: James L. Wells,
Louis F. Haffen
Josiah A. Briggs.
Historian: Benedict Fitspatrick
Publisher: The Lewis Historical Publishing Co., Inc.
New York 1927
Bronx County, NY
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium