ELLIS B. McLAURY - Among the large business concerns of The Bronx is The McLaury Marble Corporation, of which
Ellis B. McLaury is president and treasurer, their central plant being located on a plot of ground covering about
three quarters of an acre at Walnut Avenue and One Hundred and Forty first Street.
Many generations back the McLaury family was Scotch, but their American ancestry covers a long stretch of years.
Ellis B. McLaury was born in New Brunswick, New Jersey, on August 9, 1878, son of Daniel and Mary McLaury. Preparing
for college in the schools of New Brunswick, he entered Rutgers and graduated with the class of 1900. Mr. McLaury
has been in the marble business since 1900, the firm becoming a corporation in 1915, with Ellis B. McLaury in the
two important offices of president and treasurer. They handle commercial marble, and they keep a large force of
men employed, chiefly in New York City.
Mr. McLaury, who makes his home at Pelham Manor, is a member of the Transportation Club of New York, the New York
Athletic Club, the Rotary Club, and the Pelham Country Club.
In November, 1904, Ellis B. McLaury married Mary Kennedy, daughter of John and Mary Kennedy, of Albany, the ceremony
being performed at Pittsburgh. In 1905, a son, John E., was born to Mr. and Mrs. McLaury.
The Bronx and its people
A History 1609-1927
Board of Editors: James L. Wells,
Louis F. Haffen
Josiah A. Briggs.
Historian: Benedict Fitspatrick
Publisher: The Lewis Historical Publishing Co., Inc.
New York 1927
Bronx County, NY
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium