H. F. Carlson, who owns and operates two hundred and forty acres of good land in Richland township, is well
known throughout the county and has the respect of all who have come in contact with him. A native of Sweden, he
was born on the 1st of August, 1858, a son of Victor and Mary Carlson. The father came to the United States and
settled in Chicago in 1870, but both he and his wife are now deceased.
H. F. Carlson received his education in Sweden and when fourteen years of age came to America with his mother,
his father having preceded them two years. Our subject entered the employ of the McCormick Harvester Company, with
which he remained for about nine years, but in the spring of 1883 he came to Saunders county, Nebraska, and purchased
one hundred and sixty acres in Rock Creek township, where be lived until 1899. He then traded farms with his father
in law, thus acquiring title to the two hundred and forty acres in Richland township where he now lives. He is
energetic and progressive and received a good income from his land.
On the 23d of August, 1889, Mr. Carlson married Miss Elna Martinson, a daughter of John and Nellie Martinson. Mr.
and Mrs. Carlson have seven children, all of whom are at home: Edmund, Walter, Agnes, Reuben, Edna, Minnie and
Mr. Carlson casts his ballot in support of the men and measures of the democratic party where national issues are
involved but at local elections votes independently. He holds membership in the Swedish Mission church in Swedeburg
and his life conforms to high standards of morality. The prosperity which he has gained is especially commendable
as he began his independent career without capital and without the aid of influential friends.
Past and Present Saunders County, Nebraska
A Record of Settlement, Organization,
Progress and Achievement
Charles Perky Supervising Editor
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co.
Saunders County, NE
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium