Biography of Hugh B. Clement
Wayne County, MI Biographies





CLEMENT, Hugh Barrett, architect; born, Hepburn, O., Sept. 3, 1862; son of Anson and Frances Ann (Barrett) Clement; descended from Robert Clement, who came to America from England, 1642 (distinguished members of same family, Percival W. Clement, of Vermont, Thaddeus Stevens, of Pennsylvania); educated common schools of Ohio; Ph.B., Kenyon College, Gambier, O., 1886; B.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1891; married, Dec. 10, 1891, Anna Bonar, of Mount Vernon, O.; children: Myron, Alice. Was for 4 years on staff of Cady, Berg & See, architects, New York; then on staff of Oarrere & Hastings, New York, 7 years; began independent practice in Detroit in 1907. Architect for North Woodward Congregational Church and for Public Library Building, Detroit; Masonic Temple and Y. W. C. A. Building, Flint; also numerous public buildings and residences, Detroit and elsewhere. Member Detroit Board of Commerce. Republican. Congregationalist. Member Michigan Chapter of American institute of Architects, Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Delta Phi, Ohio Society of Detroit. 32° Mason. Office: 1405 Penobscot Bldg. Residence: 187 Virginia Ave.

From:
The Book of Detroiters
A Biographical Dictionary
Of Leading Living Men
Of The City of Detroit

Second Edition 1914
Edited By: Albert Nelson Marquis
A. N. Marquis & Company
Chicago 1914.

Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies

NAVIGATION
Wayne County, Michigan Biographies

Michigan
Biographies

Online
Biographies

Michigan
Histories

Ohio
Histories

New York
Histories

Pennsylvania
Histories

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012