Also see [Railway Officials in America 1906]
The subject of this sketch, Benjamin Parsons, was born in Kent County, Del., March 13, 1820. His father, Benjamin
F., was born July 9, 1792. Benjamin was reared on a farm and obtained a common school education. Desiring to improve
his financial status he, in 1841, came to Cass County and commenced as a farm hand, and made his first pur chase
of real estate, forty acres, in 1845, he having but $100 at this time. He was an industrious and prudent man, and
lived to see his forty acres increase to 444 through his own persistent efforts.
He was a most earnest Christian, and a member of the Methodist Church, to which denomination he gave one third
of his property to assist in erecting the first house of worship in Milton. May 24, 1845, he was married to Mary
P., daughter of George and Mary (Jones) Abbott. Mrs. Parsons was born in Kent County, Del, in 1827, and came to
Cass County with her parents. Her father's death occurred in April, and her mother's in November of 1877. Mrs.
Parsons, who resides on the old farm, is a most estimable lady, and a most fitting companion for her husband, who
has passed to his final reward. She is also a member of the Methodist Church. They became the parents of six children,
viz.: John A., William B., Sarah B. (Mrs. J. Adams), Laura B. (Mrs. J. Lowry, of Indiana), George 0., Cora A. (deceased),
and Mary L. (who resides at home).
History of Cass Couny, Michigan
With Illistrations and Biographical Sketches
of some of it's Prominent Men and Pioneers.
Waterman, Watkins & Co., Chicago 1882.