Biography of William Kannady
Farmington Franklin County, Maine Biographies





WILLIAM KANNADY came from that part of Hallowell now Augusta, in company with Enoch Craig, in 1781. His first choice of land was front lot No. 22, east side, known as the Heath farm, where he constructed a log house on the first elevation above the interval. His next choice was front lot No. 12, east side, where he is found in 1793 a petitioner for the incorporation of the town. Nothing is known of the ancestry of Mr. Kannady. He came to the township with a wife, who died in January, 1788, probably without children. She was the third adult who died in the township, and was buried in the "old burying ground," situated on the high land a little east of the present Center Bridge. Mr. Kannady afterwards married Sarah Smith. Mr. Craig accompanied the contracting parties to Hallowell, where the marriage was solemnized. After several removals, during which was a brief residence in Temple, Mr. Kannady again settled in Farmington, on the Jonathan Butler lot in the Holley neighborhood, where his death occurred in 1820.

From:
A History of Farmington, Franklin County, Maine
From the warliest explorations to the present time,
1776-1885
By: Francis G. Butler
Member of the Maine Historical Society
Press of Knowlton, McLeary and Co.
1885.


Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies

NAVIGATION

Sonoma County, CA
Biographies

Online
Biographies

New York
Histories

New York
Biographies

Maine
Histories

Pennsylvania
Histories

Pennsylvania
Biographies

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012