WILLIAM VAN NUYS, physician and surgeon, and proprietor of the Central Drug Store, is a native Hoosier, and
was born in Switzerland County, Ind., February 19, 1832. His education was the best that could be obtained at that
time, being started in the common schools of the State, and finished at Hanover College, near Madison, Lid. In
1850, he took up the study of medicine in Pleasant, Ind. He attended lectures at the University of Michigan, and
graduated at the Rush Medical College, Chicago, February 21, 1855. He engaged in the practice of his profession
at Allensville, in Switzerland County, in 1853, prior to his graduation. After his graduation, he removed to New
Lisbon, Henry Co., Ind., and remained there, with the exception of one year spent at Seymour, Ind., until 1861.
In that year, he removed to Lewisville, Henry County, and continued in practice until February, 1883, the last
five years of which time he conducted a drug store in connection with his profession. At the time last mentioned,
he removed to Tipton. The Central Drug Store, of which the Doctor is proprietor, carries a large stock and
does a good business. The Doctor was married in Henry County, Ind., November 23, 1859. to Miss Agnes S. Heaston.
They have a family of four daughters, viz.: Minnie A., Jennie B., Katie and Ophelia G. Politically, the Doctor
is a Democrat; he is also a prominent member of the Masonic fraternity.
Counties of Howard and Tipton, Indiana
Historical and Biographical
Charles Blanchard, Editor
F. A. Bettey & Co.
Tipton County, IN
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium