C. F. PATTERSON, a teacher by profession, is a native of Tipton County, Ind., where he was born June 6, 1862.
He is the son of Benjamin. F. and Lydia (Plummer) Patterson. His father, one of the prominent men of Tipton County,
was born in Fayette County, Ind., September 6, 1838, and grew to manhood in Fayette and Shelby Counties. iie removed
to Tipton County and engaged in farming and dealing in stock in Wild Cat Township. Here he was married, September
5, 1861, to Miss Lydia Plummer, of which marriage our subject was the only issue. In 1861, he removed to Carthage,
Mo., where he purchased a farm and remained for two years, at the end of which he returned to his former farm in
Tipton County and remained there until his death, which occurred October 23, 1880. Politically, he was an active
member of the Democratic party, and also a prominent member of the Masonic fraternity. The youth of our subject,
Charles F., has been chiefly passed in his native county, on his father's farm, and various schools of the county,
in which he has labored as an instructor of the young. At the age of twelve, he entered Spiceland Academy, in Henry
County, Ind., at which institution he completed the academic course of study. He afterward entered the Central
Normal College, at Ladoga, Ind., where he remained for three years, completing the teachers' and the scientific
course. After receiving his diploma at Ladoga, he returned to Tipton, where he entered upon the profession of teaching,
in which he has been very successful. Among the schools in which he has taught are the district schools of Wild
Cat Township, the Sharpsville Graded Schools, of which he was Principal, and the Grammar Department of the Tipton
Public Schools. He resides on North West street, Tipton, with his mother, in a very nice residence, of which he
is the owner.
Counties of Howard and Tipton, Indiana
Historical and Biographical
Charles Blanchard, Editor
F. A. Bettey & Co.
Tipton County, IN
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium