WILLIAM P. MULLIKIN, Justice of the Peace and farmer, was born February 1, 1842. In 1853, his father located
west of Windfall, and here the boy William assisted to carve a home out of the forest. He received considerable
schooling and began teaching in 1860. In August, 1862, he enlisted in Company G, Eighty ninth Regiment Indiana
Volunteer Infantry; his first engagement was at Munfordsville. Ky., where his regiment was captured. Mr. Mullikin,
after being exchanged, was wounded in the head at Fort DeRussy, La., and left on the field for dead; he did not
become wholly conscious for three months, and was away from his regiment six months. Subsequently he saw varied
and severe service in Tennessee and Missouri until his discharge in July, 1865. Returning home, he taught school
in various places, and also engaged in the lumber business. In 1873, he was Principal of the Windfall Schools.
In 1877, he removed to the fifty five acre farm where he now lives. He has been Town Clerk. Assessor, Treasurer
and Justice of the Peace. Mr. Mullikin has been three times married, the last time to Miss Henrietta S. Ludwig,
of Franklin County. By this marriage there are two children - Sarah M. and Ida Leora. By the earlier marriages
there were Emmet G., Alva M., Metta Inez and Ivy Edna. Mr. Mullikin is a member of the Presbyterian Church and
his wife of the Methodist Episcopal Church. His first wife, Mrs. Casandra Mullikin, presented him with twins, who
died at the age of nine months, and later presented him with triplets, who also died in infancy.
Counties of Howard and Tipton, Indiana
Historical and Biographical
Charles Blanchard, Editor
F. A. Bettey & Co.
Tipton County, IN
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium