D. F. LINDSAY, M. D., son of Joseph and Elenor (Montgomery) Lindsay, natives of Kentucky and Pennsylvania, was
born in Scott County, Ky., October 30, 1818, and seven years later removed with his parents to Decatur County,
Ind., where he received his education. He then located at Middletown, Shelby Co., Ind., where he read medicine
a year under Dr. Robbins, of that place. He then returned to Decatur County, and taught school for some time, after
which he engaged in farming one season. He then located at Greensburg, Decatur County, and resumed the study of
medicine with Dr. Armington, and in 1844 located at St. Louis, Bartholomew Co., Ind., where he engaged in the duties
of his profession six years. He attended a course of lectures at Jefferson College, Louisville, Ky., after which
he returned to St. Louis and remained in active practice about nine years, when he retired from his, profession.
In 1858, he came to Tipton County, and settled on his present place of 180 acres, half a mile south of Sharpsville.
As an accomplishment, the Doctor has read and studied law, has been admitted to the Tipton County bar, and has
practiced about fifteen years. He has been Justice of the Peace in both Bartholomew and Tipton Counties, and in
1860 was elected Treasurer of Liberty Township, and was reelected in 1861. He was married in Decatur County, Ind.,
October 30, 1844, to Maria Bidwell. They have three children - Annie B., George B. and John F. Dr. Lindsay is an
A., F. & A. M. and a Republican, and his wife a member of the Methodist Church.
Counties of Howard and Tipton, Indiana
Historical and Biographical
Charles Blanchard, Editor
F. A. Bettey & Co.
Tipton County, IN
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium