WILLIAM T. CLAWSON, landlord and liveryman, was born in Wayne County, Ind., October 13, 1834, and is one of
nine children born to Abnor and Elizabeth (White) Clawson. Abnor Clawson came with his brother to Wayne County
in 1812. Their parents followed in the fall. This family redeemed from the forest a good home, and here Abnor was
married, and reared a family of nine children. He accumulated a good farm of 260 acres, besides property in Richmond.
His wife died in 1865, aged sixty three; he died in 1870, aged seventy six. William T. Clawson, at the age of eighteen,
engaged as an apprentice, for one year, at plow making. He then worked as journeyman eight or nine years. Then
he farmed on the homestead for four years. Subsequently he invented and manufactured the " Empire Plow,"
a successful double corn plow. Still later, after renting and farming three years, he and Mathew Charles operated
the Fairview Dairy for three years. They invented and patented a " milk carrier and refrigerator," which
proved a success. From this time Mr. Clawson engaged in farming in different localities, and in dairying, until
1882, when he went into the hotel and livery business in Windfall. He entertains the traveling public in the best
of style, and has as a partner in the livery business W. R. Bailey. Mr. Clawson has long been a Republican in politics,
and is an Odd Fellow. He was married June 6, 1861, to Miss Mary E. Warman, of Wayne County. Five children have
blessed this union, four of whom are living - Frank W., Emma E., Edward E. and Nellie B.
Counties of Howard and Tipton, Indiana
Historical and Biographical
Charles Blanchard, Editor
F. A. Bettey & Co.
Tipton County, IN
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium