DR. W. H. CASTER, a retired physician of Tipton, Ind., was born in Clermont County, Ohio, September 15, 1811.
While the Doctor was yet young, his father, in 1819, removed to Wayne County, Ind., where he purchased a farm;
here our subject was reared, gleaning from the common schools all the instruction that could be extracted therefrom.
In 1833, he began the study of medicine in New Castle, Henry Co., Ind.; he attended lectures and graduated at the
Ohio Medical College at Cincinnati in 1851, having previous to that event, however, practiced his profession for
several years. After his graduation, he resumed practice at New Lisbon, Henry Co., Ind., where he afterward formed
a partnership with Dr. W. Van Nuys. In 1861, he removed to Lewisville, of the county last named, where he engaged
in the drug business for ten years, and then retired from active business life. In February, 1883, he removed to
Tipton, where he now makes his home. He is the owner of a handsome residence property on North Independence street,
and is also the possessor of several residences and business rooms in Lewisville. Dr. Caster was married in Wayne
County, Ind., October 8, 1840, to Miss Agnes Heaston. There is no issue of their marriage living. Politically,
he is a Democrat, and also a member of the Masonic fraternity.
Counties of Howard and Tipton, Indiana
Historical and Biographical
Charles Blanchard, Editor
F. A. Bettey & Co.
Tipton County, IN
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium