DAVID H. ALEXANDER was born in the western part of Tipton County on September 30, 1862. His father, Jesse Alexander,
located in the county at an early day, and has been County Treasurer. His mother is a sister of David Kemp, one
of the wealthiest and most prominent farmers in the county. David received an excellent common school education,
and afterward took a thorough commercial course at the Bryant & Stratton Business College, Indianapolis. In
the spring of 1881, he began the study of law at Tipton. in the office of Judge John Green and James N. Waugh.
composing the lirm of Green & Waugh. At the September term of the same year, he was admitted to the bar. He
had duely pursued his legal studies, and shown abilities which would doubtless have given him a high rank in this
learned profession had he not chosen to enter the field of journalism. In February, 1882, he purchased from Mr.
S. R. Williams, the then proprietor, a half interest in the Tipton Times, a Democratic weekly, published at the
county seat, which had a State reputation for the ability displayed in its management. Mr. Alexander afterward
became, and is now, the sole owner of this newspaper. Although young in years, he has been a careful observer,
and this, added to natural tact, an active brain and an energetic disposition, has enabled him to achieve success
beyond his years. In politics, he is, of course, a thorough Democrat, and earnestly believes that the principles
of that party should prevail in the conduct of the Government. His life gives bright promise of a career of great
usefulness, and if his future shall be judged from his past, it can safely be predicted that he. will Surmount
every obstacle which may arise, and, as the years come and go, rise step by step into broader fields and higher
Counties of Howard and Tipton, Indiana
Historical and Biographical
Charles Blanchard, Editor
F. A. Bettey & Co.
Tipton County, IN
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium