HARRY F. McFATRIDGE, the well known farmer whose name forms the caption to these paragraphs, was born in Posey
township, this county, on October 11, 1883, and is the son of James W. and Jessie (Conaway) McFatridge, both of
whom also were born, reared and educated in that same township. The father followed agricultural pursuits all his
active years in Posey township, operating the land now owned by the subject, and at the time of his death he was
the owner of 200 acres of good farm land. To him and his wife were born five children: Fred, Charles, Golda, Evelina
and Harry. The subject of this sketch received his education in the common schools of his native township, attending
the Beaver Meadow school. From his boyhood days he followed farming and remained on the home place up to the time
of his marriage. He then started out on his own account, buying eighty acres of land adjoining the home farm, and
thereafter he devoted himself to the operation of both farms. Mr. McFatridge carries on general farming operations,
raising all the crops common to this section of the country, and also gives some attention to live stock, feeding
about 200 head of hogs annually. On June 23, 1913, Mr. McFatridge was married to Anurice Tarbet, who was born,
reared and educated in Rush county, the daughter of John and Mary (Scott) Tarbet, both natives of Rush county.
Of the six children who were born to Mr. and Mrs. Tarbet, four are living. Anna, Charles, Anurice and James. Mr.
and Mrs. McFatridge are the parents of three children, James, Wesley and Ralph. Mr. McFatridge is a wide awake,
progressive man, keeping in close touch with the trend of public affairs, and gives his support to every movement
for the general welfare. He is a good business man and has made a success of his vocation. In addition to his local
farm holdings, he is the owner of 200 acres of land in Perkins county, South Dakota, which is mainly devoted to
the raising of wheat. Mr. McFatridge gives his support to the Republican party and he and his wife are members
of the Methodist Episcopal church at Arlington.
Centennian History of Rush County, Indiana
Edited by: A. L. Gary and E. B. Thomas
Historical Publishing Company
Rush County, IN
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium